Date 10/15/2012: For Inspiring Ideas on using Decorative Mirrors in your Holiday Decor, Click Here:
Date 7/17/2012: Designer Tips for Decorating with Mirrors
At WallMirrorsToGo, we are always looking for helpful mirror decorating ideas and tips to bring to our customers. Below are some of our favorite designer quotes on decorating with mirrors from HGTV.
There are no rules when it comes to decorating with mirrors. According to designer Andreea Avram Rusu, "[m]irrors bring light and depth into rooms — they're like decorative windows you can move around and place as you like."
Mirrors have many benefits and can "reflect and emphasize views and colors from art and/or adjacent walls creating special effects," designer Celia Berliner says.
- Mirrors can serve as artwork, bring simplicity to a room, and be the focal point of a room. In using extra-large mirrors, Designer Andreas Charalambous of FORMA Design notes large mirrors can "reflect the light from the balcony below [and] serve as a last-minute check point as the owners head out to work." And - a large wall mirror can also bring simplicity to a room if used properly.
- Need help on location and placement of your wall mirror? Designer Celia Berliner observes that "[t]he location and placement of the mirror are key when utilizing them — you want to ensure that it will not create undesirable reflections and will allow it to maximize its innate qualities." Berliner also emphasizes that adding mirrors can visually expand a space, brighten a room, create additional luminosity and add dimension to the space.
- Thinking about using a full-sized mirror on the floor? Designer Berliner also notes "[u]sing a framed, full-size mirror placed on the floor and resting on the wall can become an incredible asset in many ways in a bedroom, living room and even at the end of a hallway."
- Wondering if there is such thing as using too many mirrors in your home décor? According to Designer Jennifer Duneier, you can never have enough mirrors in your home!
- Want to hang multiple mirrors on the same wall? Designer Amy Bubier offers the following tip: "If you use them together on a wall, you want them to be grouped in a visually-pleasing way, similar to art pieces. The scale of the mirrors should be proportional to each other and to the wall space — avoid using small mirrors on a large wall."
- In thinking about how to use mirrors to complement your home décor, Designer Bubier also observes that "[m]irrors are like art in that the style should coincide with other pieces in your home."
- Where is a favorite spot for designers to add wall mirrors? According to Designer Bubier, "[e]ntries rooms that lack natural light and dining areas can be a great place because they create an opportunity for creative lighting, candles, ambience, art and reflectivity."
A big thank you to HGTV designer tips on decorating with mirrors. WallMirrorsToGo hopes you enjoyed these tips and ideas as much as we did. If you have any questions about selecting or buying a mirror, please call us. We are happy to answer your questions and be a helpful resource.
Source: Designer quotes from HGTV.com